Barilliance helps e-commerce sites of any size to increase sales and conversion rates by providing visitors with a personalized shopping experience. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery and Zero Integration technology are making it super easy for online retailers to reap the benefits of products they offer without upfront investment. Barilliance was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel. We had a talk with Ido, Co-founder of Barilliance.com to understand where the company is heading and what the next big thing company is planning.
What is Barilliance.com and what services are you providing to Online Retailers?
Barilliance enables e-commerce marketers to improve key business metrics by utilizing a suite of personalization products that can be setup in 5 minutes using a single tag. The Barilliance SaaS products suite presents visitors with personalized real time product offers and targeted content across multiple channels based on the visitor’s current intent, past behavior as well as the behavior of similar visitors.
How are you different from any of your competitors?
We have competitors who offer one or two of the products suite we offer but we are the only provider which offers a complete suite of personalization products that was developed specifically for e-commerce sites. Additional differentiators include:
- Setup takes less than 5 minutes and requires the site to add one tag. Integration of competitive products takes days/weeks.
- Our email personalization product works with every email service provider (such as iContact, MailChimp etc).
- Our products leverage the user’s social graph (Facebook) and allow marketers to engage visitors in new ways.
Tell us something about you and how did this idea come to you mind?
We noticed that retailers do not personalize the online shopping experience and their email communication with customers. In addition e-commerce platforms have been closed systems and every small change required an IT project. We decided to develop a platform that would allow marketers to use various personalization techniques and that would not require upfront investment and ongoing support from IT.
How many customers do you have and which all geography?
We work with 200+ ecommerce websites across 16 countries including India, Australia , US , Europe and South America
What all products do you have and any new product coming in the pipeline?
Our SaaS personalization platform includes 4 main products:
- Product recommendations – Amazon’s style personalized product recommendations that display dynamic and personalized product offers such as cross-sells and upsells
- Email personalization - allows marketers to add personalized product offers to any email marketing platform. Recommendations are based on the visitor’s activity on the e-commerce site
- On Site behavioral targeting – enables marketers to change the content of the website based on predefined visitors’ segments (traffic source, search terms, time of day, loyalty etc)
- Cart abandonment – the system sends automated email campaigns to shoppers who abandoned the shopping cart but started the checkout process
How are you doing your marketing?
A mix of Inbound, trade shows and direct sales
Who are your partners and how does this model work?
We partnered with various partners in the ecosystem. From eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Demandware, Netsuite and 3Dcart to ESPs, system integrators and marketing agencies.
Did you raise any funding ?
No, we've bootstrapped the company. We are profitable and growing quickly